Tuesday 10 April 2018

My hedgehog cartoon is being used by another campaign to save trees

https://twitter.com/Team4Nature300/status/984730488832167936


My latest cartoon, 'The Local Hedgehog', which expresses how I feel about a local development - land being cleared right this minute and can hear it from inside my home office, has now been used in a campaign to stop trees being felled next to the Questlett Nature Reserve in Birmingham to make way for yet another Aldi superstore. My cartoon fronted the twitter pages of both 'FoQuestlettTrees' and 'Team4Nature' leading to the Birmingham City Council website which currently has a signature count of 1256. This petition has been signed by Caroline Lucas of the Green Party, Chris Packham and George Monbiot and many other wildlife campaigners.
I am still trying to save trees on my doorstep. The chainsaw is having a rest today. It is the early nesting period for birds and they should not be disturbed. There are so many birds !!
Link for the successful result :
https://twitter.com/FoQueslettTrees/status/999365781451345920

No comments:

Post a Comment