Thursday 19 April 2018

Speaking to Victoria Atkins, MP about the Louth canal development and destruction of trees and habitat

9.57 19 april. Just screamed at the tree surgeon 'there's a hedgehog in there' - had to scream to be heard above the chainsaw . I heard a hedgehog go through my garden onto the development land one night ago. I also heard an owl very clearly last night but no owl boxes are at yet being provided. 

I am furious with Theresa May and East Lindsey District Council planners and planning team. The district councillors who voted for the development never even visited the land. They were told to vote in favour of the land to avoid incurring legal costs later along the way. This bit was not recorded as a finger went on the button - I saw this and have witnesses.

They are full at it today, cutting down every tree. Am speaking to Victoria Atkins via emails.


30 April The clearance of the land of trees and shrubs and greenery is nearly over. There are alot more birds in my garden these days as they are being compressed into a smaller area. Today I saw a mistle thrush and a magpie in my garden. In the long term, there will be fewer birds around me despite the fact that I feed them every day - it is vital to do this in times of such distress, ie losing their homes and I don't just mean their nest, I MEAN THEIR TREES. 
Felt so sorry for the local pheasant - it lived on the development site and now stood at the border looking at the muddy swamp devoid of trees. It even came as far as my garden path. 
A hedgehog has also been filmed by somebody else on the land. I dread to think of its fate. Nothing else to report, don't feel like being online much these days. Have been badly let down by Theresa May and the East Lindsey District Council planning department. 


No comments:

Post a Comment