Thursday 14 May 2009

MP's expenses - Bottle Bar Nine extract

Seeing that the issue of MP's expenses is the hot media topic for today, I have decided to offer an extract from http://bottlebarnine.blogspot.com/. In the past, I have worked at both the Conservative and the Labour party conferences doing bar and catering related work.

...I am put on a makeshift bottle bar
Near the function marquee
But in there
The booze is free
So no-one comes to me

It is a relatively quiet
Opening night
But my next few shifts
Are a different story...

My bottle bar is shifted
To a busy location
In a corridor bend
Between Mountbatten bar
And the library

My takings are low
In the early evening
Come 3 am
When everyone is battling
To get to the main bar
I become an absolute
God-send

They still gasp at the jacked up
Prices of my bottled beer
‘And I want a receipt with that please dear!’
Don’t they all !
Someone even wanted my entire till roll...

No comments:

Post a Comment